Canine Massage Level 1 – Therapeutic Massage
On Campus – Littleton, CO
(Therapeutic Massage Therapist, CTMT)
Time/Date: 4 days on-site per level (See calendar 2019 dates)
Get started in the rewarding career of Canine Massage!
Take advantage of our Multi-Level Discounts! Sign up and pay for 2 or more levels and receive a 10% Discount on your class tuition. Discount applied at final processing.
Canine Massage Level 1:
(28 live seminar hours and 72 home study hours)
What better place to start than with level 1! This level offers a great beginning to your canine massage career! This four day instruction will include the following:
- Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Pre-Massage Considerations
- Strokes and techniques of maintenance and therapeutic massage
- Post massage considerations for companion animals and their guardians
- Specific conditions relating to companion animals
- Building and marketing your practice including confidentiality, ethics, developing/maintaining records, preparing case histories, developing case studies, marketing strategies, and insurance
- Pathologies – Gait observation and its relation to muscle imbalances and abnormalities, common canine diseases, discussing medications, nutrition, and treatments both holistic and modern
- Animal Handling – Behavior, communication, intention, and pack psychology
- Introduction to acupressure, essential oils, and nutrition
On the final day of class you will be prepared to perform a live practicum and take a written final exam. Following your four day class you will have post coursework in the form of case studies. These act as your “real-life” experience. Once your case studies have been approved, you will receive your final certification.
Please Note: Course Dates are listed on our Calendar. We need your Signed Enrollment Agreement and full payment, 3 weeks prior to the first day of class.
If you have any questions, please call the RMSAAM office at 303-660-9390
We look forward to hearing from you!