Equine Massage Level 1 Correspondence
Offered online via correspondence
Equine Massage Level 1
(Equine Therapeutic Massage Therapist, ETMT)
Study Equine Massage in the comfort of your own home!
The class focuses on therapeutic massage and includes the following topics:
- Introduction to anatomy and physiology
- Pre-massage considerations
- Strokes and techniques of maintenance and therapeutic massage
- Post massage considerations for horses and horse owners
- Specific massage conditions
- Building and marketing your practice this includes confidentiality, developing/maintaining records, preparing case histories, developing case studies, marketing strategies and insurance
- Pathologies – Gait observation and its relation to muscle imbalances and abnormalities, common equine diseases, discussing medications, nutrition, and treatments both holistic and modern
- Horse handling – behavior, communication, intention, and barn safety
- Introduction to acupressure and nutrition
- 107 home study cognitive hours
A final written exam is required, as well as a video submission of your practicum. Any student is welcome to schedule a time on-site at our Littleton, CO campus in place of submitting a video. After your written exam and visual exam, you will then be required to conduct case studies. Case studies are required and act as your “real-life” experience. All Pre and Post course work is required for certification.
Note: To be approved by NBCAAM, you must attend at least one level of our program on site as well as complete additional hours of study.
Correspondence programs are not eligible for Washington State license.