Equine Massage Level 1 – Therapeutic Massage
On Campus – Littleton, CO
(Therapeutic Massage Therapist, ETMT)
Time/Date: 5 days on-site per level (See calendar 2019 dates)
Get started in the rewarding career of Equine Massage!
Take advantage of our Multi-Level Discounts! Sign up and pay for 2 or more levels and receive a 10% Discount on your class tuition. Discount applied at final processing.
Equine Massage Level 1:
(35 live seminar hours and 72 home study cognitive hours)
In the Level 1 class we focus on therapeutic massage and includes the following topics:
- Introduction to anatomy and physiology
- Pre-massage considerations
- Strokes and techniques of maintenance and therapeutic massage
- Post massage considerations for horses and horse owners
- Specific massage conditions
- Building and marketing your practice this includes confidentiality, developing/maintaining records, preparing case histories, developing case studies, marketing strategies and insurance
- Pathologies – Gait observation and its relation to muscle imbalances and abnormalities, common equine diseases, discussing medications, nutrition, and treatments both holistic and modern
- Horse handling – behavior, communication, intention, and barn safety
- Introduction to acupressure and nutrition
On the final day of class, you will perform a live practicum and take a written final exam. Following your five day class and pre-course work, you will have post coursework in the form of case studies. These act as your “real-life” experience. Once your case studies have been approved, you will receive your final certification.
Please Note: Course Dates are listed on our Calendar. We need your Signed Enrollment Agreement and full payment, 3 weeks prior to the first day of class.
If you have any questions, please call the RMSAAM office at 303-660-9390
We look forward to seeing you!